Andamans is a paradise of a gentle mix of sea-side relaxation, beach activities and the bliss of deep blue ocean beauty. Savour the exotic memories of a lifetime with a thoughtfully chalked out itinerary covering the top-notch attractions of Port Blair and Havelock Islands.
Main Highlights of this Tour:
- Cellular Jail complete with the intense light and sound show in the evening
- The exotic museums with the enthralling display of the sea shells, corals, colourful and fascinating marine flora and fauna of diverse types
- The neat and calm Carbyn Cove Beach at the fringes for a leisurely walk or a sea dip, sun basking, swimming or water rides
- Chatham Saw Mill to view the intricate wood work and artistry
- The picturesque Radhanagar Beach, which ranked “7th best beach in the world” by Time Magazine
- The night kayaking with Tanaz
- The Scuba diving and snorkelling with Dive India in the Elephant Beach
- Day 1: Pick up from the Veer Savarkar Airport, Portblair and drop at Portblair Hotel. Anthropological museum + Cellular jail visit, light and sound show in the evening; overnight stay at the hotel of your choice at Port Blair.
- Day 2: Ross Island and North Bay Island day trip and Corbyn Cove; back to the hotel in Port Blair for overnight.
- Day 3: Havelock, Radhanagar Beach; overnight stay at Havelock in a hotel that you choose.
- Day 4: Elephant Beach; overnight stay at the hotel of Havelock.
- Day 5: Check out from Havelock. Reach Portblair; overnight stay once more at Port Blair to catch the early flight next day.
- Day 6: Depart from Veer Savarkar Airport.
After reaching hotel freshen up and then proceed on towards Anthropological Museum. As soon as you enter the colourful life-size tribal models attract your attention. Their vibrant clothes contrasted with skin tone and the ferocious poses with various weapons such as bow and arrow and spears leaves you wide eyed. As you enter the various rooms, the varied collection of the rich remains of the sea creatures, the gigantic corals, clams, shells, tortoise shells don’t cease to surprise you. The detailed exhibition of the tribal ways of life, their nature, physical traits, hunting, food, ways of life and life style makes for an interesting knowledge gathering.
Post lunch, we shall proceed towards the historical and the famed mute, stony witness to the struggles and misery of the great and brave freedom fighters of India who laid down their lives fearlessly to free India from the clutches of the notorious Britishers, the Cellular Jail. Only three out of the seven prongs of the original structure with the central tower remains today. The Jail has now been declared a National Memorial. An eternal flame known as the Swatantra Jyot has been erected near the entrance of the Cellular Jail. It is exceptionally famous for the light and sound show, Son-et-Lumiere, that is held in the evenings.
Overnight stay at Port Blair at the hotel of your choice
Ross Island and North Bay Island day trip [Ross Island remains closed for visitors every Wednesday.]
After breakfast, we proceed to the dock for a day trip starting with the Ross Island. Ferries run at regular intervals. You shall be assigned to a particular boat and your guide shall brief you about the islands and the timings. Once you reach the Ross Island, you shall have a fixed time slot to take in the rich cultural remnants of the beautiful Ross Island.
After the assigned 2-3 hours visit of the sun-kissed and wave-washed Ross Island with the ruined splendour of the colonial British structures, you shall proceed onto the water adventure sports zone of the North Bay Island. You have the option to watch the mesmerizing coral reefs through a glass bottom boat or through a ride in the amazing Dolphin, a one-of-a kind experience in a Russian high-speed boat. You can also have a more thrilling experience of being closer to the reefs and the enthralling sea creatures through a scuba diving or a sea walking venture. By sunset you shall be back to Portblair. [Optional: You can come back early from North Bay in time to watch the setting sun and laze around in the Carbyn Cove Beach till sunset, sip the fresh green coconuts or take a dip in the refreshing sea waters.]
Overnight stay at Port Blair at the hotel of your choice.
The most popular means of transit between these two islands are the cruises. One-way cruise takes about 90 minutes to cover the distance between Port Blair and Havelock. The cruises are of three kinds or categories to suit all comfort and budget: Premium, Deluxe and Royal. Facilities such as sea view and sitting arrangement vary in the three categories. He cruises are run by three different names. The oldest among these is the Makruzz. Then there is the Coastal Cruise, which has been acquired by Makruzz. The third and the most recent one is the Green Ocean.
Check-in at the hotel of your choice; overnight stay at Havelock.
Post breakfast, proceed towards the Havelock with its magnificent beaches and crystal clear waters. Post lunch, after a short siesta maybe proceed to Radhanagar Beach. Enjoy the day at leisure taking in the beauty and peace emanating from the sandy and sunny Radhanagar Beach. [Optional: You can then visit the calm and serene Vijayanagar Beach on the eastern coast of Havelock. The cosy beach dotted with mahua trees make for an ideal photo-shoot location.
Rest of the day at leisure. Go for shopping or a long walk or some other activity. Overnight stay at Havelock.
After breakfast, get dropped at the Elephant Beach, which is a very famous snorkelling destination. Get a chance to enjoy the most beautiful coral reefs and the astonishing medley of colourful sea creatures. Enter the fanciful world of the deep sea creatures and get shrouded in the enigma. The beach shacks offer delightful snacks and extend the bliss of the beach by cool dips and a refreshing swim in the vibrantly sparling waters of the Elephant Beach. Go for a speed boat tide, water scooter ride or a banana boat ride.
Check out from Havelock. Catch the ferry cruise back from Havelock. (The least ferry is at 4.30 p.m. from Havelock which is a Government ferry) Reach Portblair and overnight stay at Port Blair.
In the morning, do some quick and last-minute shopping in Port Blair. Carry back beautiful sea-shell artefacts and vibrant sea-shell jewellery. Go for the colourful T-shirts and other attractive mementoes for friends and family. Depart from Veer Savarkar Airport with happy memories that will last forever.
- 03 nights stay on twin sharing basis at Port Blair
- 02 nights stay on twin sharing basis at Havelock
- Breakfast on all days
- Greeting and assistance on arrival at Port Blair Airport by a AndamanTourism representative
- Sightseeing in Non-AC vehicle as per the itinerary
- All pickups and drops from airport and ferry jetties
- Entry tickets to all sightseeing places mentioned in the itinerary
- All ferry transfers by private ferry
- Includes all taxes
- Car on disposal
- Availability of vehicle on leisure days
- Guide charges and camera fees
- Tips, insurance, laundry charges, phone calls
- Room mini bar services
- Anything that is not mentioned under ‘Inclusions’ section